Sunday 26 June 2011

Dan Auluk: 'postcards from the edge: Folkestone'

Sunday 26th June 2011

Title of experiment: postcards from the edge: Folkestone

'the edge' - metaphorically, socio-economic, politically and geographical



If you could share a secret annoymously to someone would you?


Went to the Folkestone Triennial shop and purchased a series of 12 postcards that showed the work of following International Artists:


Cornelia Parker
Charles Avery
Paloma Varga Weisz
Hamish Fulton
Ruth Ewan
Tonico Lemos Auad
Strange Cargo
Hew Locke
Erzen Shkololli
Cristina Iglesias
Spencer Finch
A K Dolven


My aim was to see if I could generate a dialogue with random chance through the idea of asking a stranger to share a secret with me.

See postcards below, that were strategically placed amongst the exisiting artists work, except for one (Strange Cargo) that I discreetly wedged in a plastic tray on a train seat, heading to London (St Pancras International). I may try the postcards on the trains next!




Not sure if this is going to work but some of the postcards were taken. So let's hope I get some replies. (Work In Progress)


Some of the postcard that displayed the work of the artist I couldn't find and inserted the postcard of an image of Erzen Shkololli work into a book of the artist Hala Elkoussy (http://www.folkestonetriennial.org.uk/2011-event/artists/hala-elkoussy/) - let's hope she shares a secret with me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment